Crispy salmon with horseradish creamThis recipe is simple to make and costs next to nothing, as the majority of the ingredients are gluten-free to start off with. The succulent texture of the salmon mixed with the tangy creaminess of the dressing are guaranteed to make you crave more!
- 1 large boneless, skin-off piece of salmon
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives (garlic chives are my fav)
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp gluten-free horseradish cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Serves 2
1. Preheat oven on bake setting to 200C or 392F.
2. Place salmon on tin foil on an oven tray and drizzle 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp finely chopped dill over it. Wrap the salmon up in the tin foil and place in oven.
3. Place celery into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain.
4. Mix celery, cucumber, spinach leaves, remaining dill and chives together in a bowl. Toss until well combined.
5. Whisk sour cream, milk, horseradish cream, remaining lemon juice together in a small bowl.
6. Take salmon out of oven and uncover so the top remains exposed. Put back into the oven and leave until salmon is cooked through and top is crispy.
7. Remove salmon from oven and break through the rest of the salad.
8. Serve with dollops of the horseradish cream mixture.