Ginger chicken and wok-style vegesHave you ever craved a simple gluten-free stir-fry that uses fresh ingredients, has plenty of flavour and best of all is easy to make? Then let me introduce you to the most delicious ginger chicken stir-fry you have ever tasted. What makes the chicken so succulent? The 30 minute marinade process accompanied by the exotic tangy sauce.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 red birdseye chillies, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free fish sauce
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts (about 500g)
- vegetable oil for stir-frying
- 1 small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Your choice of Asian-style stir-fry veges
- Serves 4
- Combine garlic, ginger, chilli, caster sugar, lime juice and fish sauce into a small bowl and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, place in a middle-sized bowl and season with salt and pepper and about two-thirds of the ginger mixture, cover and place in the fridge to let marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or frypan, then fry chicken.
- Add your choice of fresh Asian-style stir-fry veges.
- Stir-fry until just cooked and add the remaining sauce and coriander just prior to serving.